Due to natural disasters in the United States, India, and the Caribbean islands, we are experiencing site closures in some areas. We are working diligently to contact all affected candidates by email and phone. If you have questions about your appointment, please contact customer service. We appreciate your patience.
Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management
Earning the distinction of board certification in healthcare management as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) signifies your expertise, experience, and commitment to continuing education and professional development. Just as members of the medical staff are board certified, having the FACHE credential by your name indicates a level of achievement in the profession.
Passing the Board of Governors Examination recognizes individuals who have successfully demonstrated the core knowledge, skills, and competencies required to lead healthcare organizations. It is the final step in attaining the FACHE® credential and is a candidate’s demonstration of knowledge in key areas of executive healthcare management, including:
- Management and Leadership
- Human Resources
- Quality and Performance Management
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Laws and Regulations
- Governance and Organizational Structure
- Healthcare Technology and Information Management
The Board of Governors Examination is a six-hour, 230-question multiple-choice exam. Candidates are allowed to retake the examination as many times as necessary until they achieve a passing score.
Examination Application Process
To apply to sit for the Board of Governors Examination:
- Step 1: Meet the eligibility requirements to submit a Fellow application.
- Step 2: Submit your advancement application and $250 fee to ACHE. Upon approval, you will have two (2) years in which you must take and pass the Board of Governors Examination.
- Step 3: Prepare for your Examination.
- Step 4: Register for the Examination and pay the $200 Examination fee to ACHE or use your Examination Fee Waiver. Once registered, you will need to take the Board of Governors Examination within your two (2) year application window.
Examination Scheduling Information
Following review and approval of the Fellow application, candidates are issued an Authorization to Test letter from ACHE. This letter includes detailed instructions for scheduling an examination appointment. The name on the letter must match the name on the candidate’s government-issued ID. ACHE must be notified immediately to correct inaccurate spelling of a candidate’s name or incorrect personal information. If a candidate’s name does not match the name on the candidate’s government-issued ID, the candidate will not be admitted to a Pearson VUE testing center. Appointments may be made up to one calendar day prior to the day a candidate wishes to test, subject to availability.
- Board of Governors Examination Review Course
- Board of Governors Examination Online Tutorial
- Board of Governors Examination Study Set